Dandenong Ranges & Healesville Sanctuary Day Tour
This unforgettable tour is packed with treasures including Californian Redwoods, impressive forests and loveable wildlife.
Our first stop is the Dandenong Ranges, just 1-hours drive away from Melbourne. We embark on an easy 6.6km hike in the East Sherbrooke Forest through towering Mountain Ash trees, wetland ferns and home to the beautiful sounds of the Lyrebird. Afterwards we refuel with energy balls and a good cup of coffee before our next destination, Warburton Redwoods Forest. This magical place features over 1476 huge Californian Redwood trees and is one of Victoria’s best kept secrets. It’s now time for lunch. Enjoy a delicious vegan friendly meal on the banks of the Yarra River and if you’re lucky you might even spot the mysterious Platypus. Our final destination is Healesville Sanctuary. This bushland haven is home to native Australian wildlife. Enjoy a couple of hours to roam the park as you please before we return to Melbourne.
What to expect
- An easy 6.6km guided circuit hike on the Eastern Sherbrooke Forest Walk in the Dandenong Ranges
- Plenty of opportunity to spot wildlife on the walk including wombats, wallaby, echidna, possums and owls on our morning hike
- Entrance into Healesville Sanctuary included and the opportunity to get up close to native Australian wildlife
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides
- Delicious sweet vegan treats
- Fresh fruit on arrival and throughout the day
- A fresh and filling vegan friendly lunch
- Unforgettable memories
Choose from a St Kilda or CBD pick up and drop off location when you book.
Vehicle Modern VW Caravelle – 9 Seater
Saint Kilda pick up: 7:15 am @ Luna Park, Saint Kilda, Melbourne VIC 3182 (Main entrance)
CBD pick up: 7:30am @ Undercover Taxi Rank on St Kilda Road (Between Hamer Hall & the Arts Centre). Please note it’s approximately 200m from Flinders Street Station over the Yarra River.
CBD drop off: 3:30pm @ Undercover Taxi Rank on St Kilda Road (Between Hamer Hall & the Arts Centre). Please note it’s approximately 200m from Flinders Street Station over the Yarra River.
Saint Kilda drop off: 3:45pm @ Luna Park, Saint Kilda, Melbourne VIC 3182 (Main entrance)
What to bring
- Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
- Plenty of warm layers (in the winter we recommend bringing a waterproof jacket and gloves to play in the snow).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & a hat
- Good vibes
No bush walking experience required. The track is a hardened or compacted surface and may have a gentle hill section or sections and occasional steps. Walks no greater than 10km.