Phillip Island Day Tour
Hike the highest point of Phillip Island and meet local wildlife
from koalas to penguins at Cape Woolamai.
Hike around Phillip Island’s Cape Woolamai Nature Park in a small group (max 8 guests) and meet local wildlife from koalas to penguins!
First we’ll stop at the colourful and historic Brighton beach boxes for some happy snaps, then head to Maru Koala Wildlife Sanctuary to get up close to our famous native animals including emus, dingos, wombats & koalas to name a few. You can even feed the kangaroos. Our next stop is a surfer’s dream beach, Cape Woolamai on Phillip Island where we start our hike that will guide you through rugged rock formations, known as the Pinnacles.
As we make our way to the highest point of Phillip Island you can witness stunning views over the Bass Strait and pounding surf below.
Look out for wallabies, echidnas & shearwater birds.
After our easy/moderate 6.8km hike we will head into Cowes for a delicious lunch at the famous Island Whole Foods Cafe. Next, we make our way to The Nobbies for an easy stroll along the boardwalk to discover breathtaking coastline views and the impressive thundering blowhole. This area is home to Australia’s largest seal colony, little penguins and silver gulls – It’s a wildlife lover’s dream!
Book Phillip Island Day Tour
What to expect
- An easy to moderate 6.8km guided circuit hike around Phillip Island’s highest point Cape Woolamai
- Plenty of chances to see wildlife including fur seals, penguins, wallabies, kangaroos and unique birds such as the shearwater and silver gull
- Organic fruit & healthy snacks
- Freshly brewed Coffee Supreme & organic tea
- Entrance into Maru Koala Park & Phillip Island Nature Park included
- VW Caravelle – 9 seater with Air Con
- Rain ponchos & first aid
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides
- Unforgettable memories
Small is beautiful, but if we have less than 4 people booked in for a tour we may have to cancel it. We’ll be sure to give you 12 hours notice to discuss options
Choose from a St Kilda or CBD pick up and drop off location when you book.
Price: $139.00 ~ Winter Special
Vehicle: Modern VW Caravelle – 9 Seater
St Kilda pick up: 7:05am @ Luna Park, St Kilda, Melbourne VIC 3182 (Main entrance)
CBD pick up: 7:30am @ Undercover Taxi rank between Hamer Hall & the Arts Centre. Please note it’s approximately 200m from Flinders Street Station over the Yarra River.
CBD drop off: 5:30pm
St Kilda drop off: 5:45pm
What to bring
- Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
- Water Bottle (1L)
- Cash or credit card for lunch (around $20)
- Warm layers just in case
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & a hat
- Swimsuit & a towel for a swim in the ocean (summer months)
- Good vibes
No bush walking experience required. The track is a hardened or compacted surface and may have a gentle hill section or sections and occasional steps.