Werribee Gorge Day Tour
Explore wild mountain ranges, watering holes, wildlife and waterfalls on this
Werribee Gorge adventure.
Explore one of Victoria’s most wild & rugged natural landscapes at Werribee Gorge. Our first hike will take you on a challenging 8.5km journey through dense bush, over river beds and across rocky paths. We stop for morning tea at Needles beach at the base of the gorge before ascending the rocky ridge to Western point view. Keep your eyes up for a chance to spot the beautiful wedge-tailed eagle soaring overhead. After the hike we refuel with a nutritious lunch before driving to Trentham Falls, the longest single drop waterfall in Victoria. Have your cameras ready! Then it’s back on the road to head to our final 2km hike to Hanging Rock. This hike leads us to spectacular views of the Macedon and Cobaw Ranges. It’s the perfect way to end a great day in the wild outdoors.
What to expect
- A challenging 8.5km guided hike at Werribee Gorge. This hike is a grade 3. It includes steep ascends and declines with some sections requiring rock scrambling. It is not recommended for those with fitness or mobility concerns.
- A moderate 2km guided hike to Hanging Rock.
- Plenty of chances to see wildlife including koalas, wallabies, kangaroos and eagles.
- Delicious sweet vegan treats for morning tea.
- Fruit on arrival and throughout the day.
- A fresh and filling vegan friendly lunch.
- Coffee from the good people at Coffee Supreme.
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides.
- Unforgettable memories.
Our Werribee Gorge day trip departs from Melbourne every Wednesday. Choose from a St Kilda or CBD pick up and drop off location when you book.
Price $179 per person
Vehicle Modern VW Caravelle – 9 Seater
Saint Kilda pick up: 7:15 am @ Luna Park, Saint Kilda, Melbourne VIC 3182 (Main entrance)
CBD pick up: 7:30am @ Undercover Taxi Rank on St Kilda Road (Between Hamer Hall & the Arts Centre). Please note it’s approximately 200m from Flinders Street Station over the Yarra River.
CBD drop off: 5:30pm @ Undercover Taxi Rank on St Kilda Road (Between Hamer Hall & the Arts Centre). Please note it’s approximately 200m from Flinders Street Station over the Yarra River.
Saint Kilda drop off: 5:45pm @ Luna Park, Saint Kilda, Melbourne VIC 3182 (Main entrance)
What to bring
- Comfortable trainers or hiking boots.
- Water bottle 1-litre.
- A waterproof jacket.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & a hat
- Swimsuit & a towel
- Good vibes
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels. Some bush walking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections a rough surface and many steps. Walks up to 20km.